Re: Summary of my Fedora 9 Boot Time Testing

Steve Grubb wrote:
On Wednesday 02 April 2008 10:12:59 Harald Hoyer wrote:
Turning off selinux and related services saves 10s overall boot time.
Trading off security with boot time. I don't know. But maybe a good
starting point for optimization.

Programs linked with libselinux open and parse /etc/selinux/config whether they need it or not. I've submitted a patch several times (but its not been accepted) to do a lazy init of libselinux's internal variables. For example, mv, cp. & ls read the file even if they do not need it. I wonder if doing lazy init helps any. I'll see if I can update the patch to current code.

-Steve

you may share the patch after the update (-: , so that I can measure, how much effect it has on my system…