Fedora (again) forces me to disable SELinux

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Thu Apr 3 10:09:00 UTC 2008

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 19:32:16 -0700, darrell pfeifer scripst:
> I didn't realize that turning off selinux meant I was such a bad tester.
> I just thought it meant there were some parts of the system that I was
> unwilling to test. I don't feel cheap or irresponsible.
>
> If testing selinux is such an important part of the testing agreement,
> please publish this information in a written rather than tacit place.

No turning off selinux doesn't make you bad tester, certainly not. But
the point I have is that it is really not that bad -- there ARE many bugs
in SELinux policy (because it is built against moving target of still
changing Fedora), but OTOH dwalsh is really unbelievable -- bugs I filed
with him in CC list (he prefers to file bugs against the programs which
have problems) and SELinux keyword are in 80% of cases (or even more)
fixed to the next day. And I have filed many many many bugs for him :-)

Matej

--
The content of this message is licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution 3.0 License, Some Rights Reserved.