Network Manager Summary

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Thu Apr 3 23:02:08 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 23:52 +0100, José Matos wrote:
> On Thursday 03 April 2008 23:14:27 Mike Chambers wrote:
> >
> > Dan, any chance of a quick summary for us for wireless users and just
> > wired (laptops and desktops) so we can get a better understanding on who
> > can use this and who can't?
>
>   Without wanting to steal the thread and because this issue is related I have
> another question. If I click on the applet with the right mouse I have one
> option called "Edit Connections..."
>
>   I get a dialog with all the types of connection supported by NM that have
> been used. So far so good. :-)
>
>   For each connection I have three options, add, edit and delete. For me using
> KDE only the last option is available, the other two are greyed out. Is this
> normal, a bug or some sloppiness from me? :-)
>
>   I saw a picture on Dan's blog where those options where active...

I also called up that UI and I had *NO* listings in there, yet I have
eth0 and worked fine with the "network" service.  I think maybe there
was dns issue when trying to use network manager,and either/neither eth0
was discovered, or dns didn't work?  But *all* of the buttons were
grayed out for me on that UI.

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org