bugzilla triage madness :-/

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 11:12:42 UTC 2008

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Since yesterday, I've been flooded with easily over hundred bugzilla
> mails. Someone is active setting tickets to NEEDINFO without any efforts
> to verify that an issue is fixed. That activity has also reached my
> tickets about conflicts and unowned directories. It is beyond my time to
> process such a high number of tickets now after packagers ignored them for
> a long time. In several cases I could have fixed the problems myself but
> the lame acls don't permit that.
>
> If you want to receive less tickets in the future, mission
> accomplished. Reporting bugs is among the most thankless tasks in Fedora
> Land. When I enter something in bugzilla, I want to reach humans, not mad
> robots, who are unable to understand a ticket and who close it just for
> fun. The person or script who touches my tickets and threatens with
> closing them after 30 days is successful in telling me that my bug reports
> are not appreciated. Thank you. :-/

FYI, that was a bot running on behalf of the bug triage project and (as I and
others understood it) was not supposed to be flooding bugs in rawhide but only
in older releases... to weed out stale and forgotten bugs.  Its a good thing,
though partially seems to have gone awry at the moment.

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29
  revoked key 0xC99B1DF3 no longer used