bugzilla triage madness :-/

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 14:05:22 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 8:05 AM, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 05:41:58 -0700, Andrew Farris wrote:
>
>  > But what could be gained from trying to solve bugs in software that is long
>  > modified to be unrecognizable from the state it was in then...
>
>  You presume too much. The bot didn't examine whether the software/pkg
>  changed too much. The bot mass-changed tickets based on age/product.

How many email did you receive? Now multiply that by some small number
to accommodate for others like yourself... say 30. Now let say it
takes a person 5 mins to determine if bug against package foobar in
fc6 still exists in f8., so that's  150 * (num email you got). That's
easily a 24 man hours.

I received those email too. My ownly complaint was that I was somewhat
offended that Bugzilla felt the need to apologize to me. As if it
thought I was sensitive enough to get all anxious about the matter. I
simply verified that the issue existed in F8 and acted accordingly.

Also, there was a link to the wiki on how to join the  Bug Triage
program to make things go a bit faster/

( www.pembo13.com )