bugzilla triage madness :-/

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Fri Apr 4 18:07:51 UTC 2008

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> What do I care? When I filed the bug, the product was fresh and maintained,
> wasn't it? But more than a year later I'm no longer willing to spend time
> on the same issues without a single sign of life from the package owner.

That seems like one of the fundamental problems here; I agree with
you.  Having filed bugs, and seeing them get closed 5 years later with
"this product is no longer supported", and no developer response in
between is rather disheartening.

A suggestion for a saner bugzilla automation: close packages in
_NEEDINFO_ stage unless there is response from the reporter.

If the developer believes the issue is fixed or there is a high
likelyhood that it has already been fixed in a newer version, s/he
should set NEEDINFO state (with some help to automate this if needed)
But this should not be done automatically.