Reverse bug triage

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 00:53:19 UTC 2008

Chris Adams wrote:
> I don't want to get automated triage emails about any of these after
> they've been idle for months or years.  NEEDINFO does not apply (at
> least as far as I can tell - nobody has asked for any more info anyway).
> Any email alerts for these need to go to the maintainers, not the
> reporters.
>
> I understand people are busy (I never get done all I'd like to), but why
> should I report bugs, research and supply fixes, when still nothing
> happens?

The automated script has no way of knowing the specifics of these bugs; go
comment 'this still matters' and change them out of NEEDINFO.  The bug triaging
team is following the best path forward they had decided upon; there is no
possible way for a scripted bugzilla cleaning tool to decide if all the
information is there to solve that bug.

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29
  revoked key 0xC99B1DF3 no longer used