rawhide report: 20080406 changes

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sun Apr 6 21:42:43 UTC 2008

Peter Robinson wrote:

>>> Does anyone else on x86_64 see yum wanting to pull in a whole lot of
>>> i386 packages too with todays rawhide?
>>>
>>> Peter
>>>

>>  If you don't want Flash to work, then rip out all i386 packages and
>> libflashsupport.x86_64.
>
> I have manually excluded it now but I don't have any of the flash
> stuff previously installed and it just came in with all the updates.
>
> Pete

You don't need to add an exclude.  Simply uninstall it and it wont
bother you ever again.

The reason I made this change is because it is lot easier to explain to
the minority x86_64 users who want to completely wipe i386 to remove
stuff than it is to explain to ordinary users why their Flash isn't
working out of the box anymore like it did in Fedora 8.

This change did create some controversy, and we will have more
discussions about it tomorrow during the work day.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com