Dual head in F9 on KDE spin

Paul Michael Reilly pmr at pajato.com
Mon Apr 7 15:59:43 UTC 2008

I'd love nothing more than to attest that F9-Beta KDE spin works
perfectly on both my external monitors using the nv driver for an nVidia
Quatro something (my hp nw9440 laptop uses a G71 as near as I can tell),
... but I cannot. :-(

If it is supposed to be setup using System Config Display then I'm done
and I'll wait for nVidia support from livna.  S-C-D is one of those few
tools causes me to wish awful, unspeakable, things to the perpetrator of
said folly --- and yes, I have submitted bugs on it.  My adult son
wasn't born when I first submitted a bug on S-C-D.

If this functionality is randr supplied then it does not work, as near
as I can tell.  I do recollect some message snippet that randr is not
fully complete in the beta and I will gladly pay attention to updates,
try again and report on my results.  And even test it on a few more
graphics chips.  Is there a reference that answers the question:  "How
do I get my xyz graphics chip running dual head on Fedora?"  Preferably
dealing only with Fedora "blessed" drivers and addressing both Gnome and
KDE spins.  Documentation abounds on the non-free approaches.

Thanks,

-pmr