very common kernel modules slow down the boot process

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Mon Apr 7 22:09:41 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 21:15 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>
>> He being one of the few is not true.
>>
>> A lot of project are out there which sole
>> purpose is to put old working hardware back to use.
>>
>> To name few..
>>

> This argument would only count if you actually knew A) the hardware that
> he is complaining about in some cases, and B) that these places are
> handing out the exact same hardware.

Regardless if they are handing out exact same hardware or not
( and I would not be surprised if the exact  hw would have been parsed
through those project at a
one time or another, whether it was but to good use or not that's a
different story . )
They are handling low memory with small hd machines..

"but thanks for throwing more hate at Fedora"

Giving fedora cd's to those projects that are working on bringing these
old machine back to life would at least restore some of those lost love
points..

Br.
      JB