Bug triage - what is going to be achieved?

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Apr 8 03:45:00 UTC 2008

Adam Tkac said the following on 04/04/2008 02:26 AM Pacific Time:
 > Hi,
 >
 > this morning I checked my mailbox and there were many messages from
 > bugzilla. But after inspection nothing interesting was there, only
 > bogus from some stupid bot. I'm not sure what is main purpose for that
 > bot but I think when some bug is open for long time maintainer is
 > responsible for closing and if he didn't close it it means that is
 > still exist. Now after this "feature" I have to waste with my time and
 > move all bugs from NEEDINFO state to ASSIGNED because they are
 > features and I haven't got time for them yet or they are low-priority
 > bugs. I think this bot should be removed as soon as possible before he
 > creates chaos in bugzilla. Or at least add component list whose bugzillas
 > should not be touched. I'm going to be the first person whose packages
 > will be on that list.

Did you have 'RFE' in the subject or the FutureFeature keyword set?
Going forward we will key solely off of FutureFeature keyword.  We made
every effort to exclude them from the rawhide bugs selected.

The process underway is outlined here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/F9CleanUp

Did you see or respond to any of the announcements requesting feedback?
  If not, what would be a better way to do this in the future?

Thanks,
John