bugzilla triage madness :-/

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Apr 8 10:55:20 UTC 2008

Michael Schwendt <mschwendt <at> gmail.com> writes:
> You try to influence the answer to that question. Without evaluating a bug
> report you can never know whether a bug in Fedora 6 doesn't also affect
> Fedora 9. Similarly, a bug reported against Fedora 1 may still affect
> Fedora 9 if it is kept in NEW for unknown reasons for a very long time.
> And of course, a bug reported against Fedora 8 may still affect Fedora 10
> if it is ignored again for unknown reasons.

That's the whole point for this entire process.

In many cases, asking the reporter is the only way we can know whether this is
the case. And the other cases surely can't be distinguished from those cases by
a script. And no, we don't have enough triagers to make a judgement call on
every single bug for that.

        Kevin Kofler