very common kernel modules slow down the boot process

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Apr 8 14:26:50 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 10:24 -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 10:16:41AM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > "Don't bother:"  <-- Fedora doesn't work for these systems.  False.
>
> Try quoting in context

The context is "> Good luck trying to get the installer to run on
anything less than 512MB these days."

And I've just shown my methodology (which isn't really complicated, or
interesting) for installing rawhide to a machine with 128 megs.

So, again, why should people "not bother" and be driven to rather
complicated installation paths, or other distros all together?  Were you
just spouting thoughts from previous install attempts, without trying to
verify if these "problems" still existed?

--
Jesse Keating