xulrunner rendering issues ?

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Tue Apr 8 15:17:00 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 10:31:53PM +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> And all this should be done at the kernel/Xorg level, with app writers
> focusing on a way to share font size prefs (via xsettings, dbus or
> whatever is the cool tech of the day), instead of second-guessing the
> system (badly).

In the case where xorg /does/ get it wrong (monitors without DDC, or
with EDID blocks that are filled with lies), we still need a way to
override that. However, the current UI just encourages people to do
entirely the wrong thing. Something like the gimp's DPI setup widget
would make more sense (a stretchy ruler that you make the correct
length), along with a much more obvious "Make my fonts bigger/smaller"
widget which does nothing to the DPI settings.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org