Fedora 9 Final Freeze

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Apr 8 15:22:36 UTC 2008

We froze for Fedora 9 early this morning (the same time the rawhide
compose happened).  This is our final freeze.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/FinalFreezePolicy
explains the policy.

We're planning a snapshot we'll call 'Preview Release' this Thursday or
Friday.  Then release candidates will be created next week.  If it
becomes obvious that we will have to slip the release date for getting
certain bugs fixed we will announce very loudly as soon as we make the
decision.

Mass CVS branching will come later this week so that folks can begin
work on F10.

PS: to see if your build is tagged for Fedora 9, check 'koji latest-pkg
f9-final <package>'
--
Jesse Keating