Fedora 9 Beta Live CD: disabling services during interactive startup

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 04:18:17 UTC 2008

Oisin Feeley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The i686 FedoraDesktop LiveCD appears to fail somewhere after
> NetworkManagerDispatcher is started. The exact symptoms are that the
> screen flickers, goes blank and the CD drive continues to spin for
> minutes and then becomes inactive. Keyboard or touchpad input results
> in the CD drive spinning up again but the screen remaining blank.

After NetworkManagerDispatcher starts, these things could be happening:
haldaemon starts (could be before NMD)
cups starts (could be before NMD)

anacron starts
firstboot starts
NetworkManager starts

I think NM goes before firstboot though.

Do you have a wireless adapter in that machine?

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29