UTC timezone

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 04:51:55 UTC 2008

Louis E Garcia II wrote:
> My HP laptop stores time using UTC. I just found this out because XP and
> fedora displayed different times. How do I change fedora to read the
> clock using UTC system wide? I found gnome-panel clock has the option
> for UTC but does not help at a plain console.

You set the checkbox 'System clock uses UTC' in system-config-date on the Time
Zone tab.

Windows does not use UTC for hardware clock unless you ask it to, see:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2008-April/msg00557.html

fyi: Not really a question suited to the devel-list, even if you're talking
about f9 (test-list or fedora-list would have been better).

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29