kernel drm bugs and regressions (mga, savage users please test)

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn d.jacobfeuerborn at conversis.de
Wed Apr 9 13:48:16 UTC 2008

Dave Airlie wrote:
> I've just tracked down a bug in my code for handling the DRM maps in the
> kernel, that was affecting nouveau (running out of vmalloc space) and
> radeon (hanging on drmGetLock at startup).
>
> However fixing the bug uncovered a larger bug which is driver specific,
> so the initial fixes are in the kernel building as
> kernel-2_6_25-0_211_rc8_git6_fc9 in koji,
>
> I'd really like feedback from nouveau, radeon, savage and mga people
> that have working DRI now, and to let me know via a bug if the new
> kernel regresses that or oopses after 211 in the drm code.

How can I get DRI support in nouveau in F9? My Xorg log says:

(II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI2 capable
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 12, (OK)
drmOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID pci:0000:00:0d.0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 12, (OK)
drmOpenByBusid: drmOpenMinor returns 12
drmOpenByBusid: drmGetBusid reports pci:0000:00:0d.0
(EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/dri/nouveau_dri.so failed
(/usr/lib/dri/nouveau_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory)
(EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering

Regards,
   Dennis