Lua SIG feelers

Tim Niemueller tim at niemueller.de
Wed Apr 9 20:53:45 UTC 2008

Michel Salim schrieb:
> Hi all,

Hi Michel and all.

> Now that a decent amount of Lua (http://www.lua.org/) modules are
> being packaged for Fedora, it might be time to start a Lua SIG.

True. As the (co-)maintainer of most Lua-related packages in Fedora I'd
really love to see more people involved, packaging and helping with
maintenance of packages.

For the guidelines I made some up for myself, especially regarding the
naming of packages. We (Jason Tibbitts as reviewer and me) came across a
few pitfalls if it comes to Packaging of Lua packages, especially the
ones that contain C code. For example passing correct CFLAGS to get
useful debuginfo packages. This should probably also be covered in the
guidelines. I'd just give it a start if no one objects.

Is there anything specific involved in creating a SIG besides having
interested people and setting up a Wiki page?

Who else is interested?
	Tim

--
    Tim Niemueller <tim at niemueller.de>      www.niemueller.de