Mono Package audit

David Nielsen gnomeuser at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 05:09:37 UTC 2008

I'll just comment on the ones I own:

> .. _banshee: Boo.dll files are in an Extras/Boo directory.  May be able to
>             disable at buildtime.  Note in spec that Boo does not build on
> ppc

Actually Nant does not build on ppc (well 0.86-beta 1 does but look what
happened when we tried that), no Nant means no ppc for Boo. Regardless when
Banshee 1.0 can be rolled out this should not be an issue anymore as one of
the goals as been to remove all those bundled wonders. I am inclined to
think the best option is waiting and letting the problem solve itself
upstream. Upstream is very friendly and on a mission to destroy these
anyways.

.. _beagle: At least, TagLib-sharp, Snowball.Net and Lucene.Net.  Possibly
>            others.

Beagle can compile against system taglib-sharp at least but the taglib-sharp
package has been in review since forever. Again upstream is very friendly
and can likely be convinced to work on the rest