Howto mod 1 of sources

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 11:38:04 UTC 2008

Mary Ellen Foster wrote:

> On 10/04/2008, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have a package that has:
>>  1 tarball
>>  1 small added file
>>
>>  What is the procedure to update that 1 small added file?
>>
>>  Previously, 'sources' listed only the tarball, and cvs only seems to
>>  know about it.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/UpdatingPackageHowTo

I did read that page, bug didn't see this issue addressed.

What I tried is:

make new-sources FILES="~/RPM/SOURCES/mercurial-1.0.tar.gz  ~/RPM/SOURCES/mercurial-site-start.el"

Just to be clear:
both of these files were already present.  I made a minor change to the 2nd.

I have the feeling that this was not the correct thing to do.
Previously, sources only listed the tar.

If I move to F-8, and do cvs-update, I don't see the change to sources, which leads me
to suspect I did the wrong thing.