monodevelop snafu

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Apr 16 20:20:44 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 16:19 -0400, Richard Hally wrote:

> Ok, now the update worked.
>
> But, when I start monodevelop I get an error box that says:
>
> "The following add-ins could not be started:" followed by a listbox
> with nothing
> in it except little triangles. When I click on the triangles it shows:
>
> "Full Path:
>
>   Error: argument cannot be null.
>   Parameter name: typeName
>
>   Exception: System.ArgumentNullException
>
> "
>
> Did I misunderstand the earlier emails about Mono being fixed?

Well, they were fixed to build with system libs and not bundle binary
content.  I don't think too much effort was put into how they work after
the build.  Mostly because going back to binary bundled libraries is a
non option, so we have to move to where we are right now, and fix things
from there.

--
Jesse Keating