Number 9, number 9. Fedora 9 Preview has been cleared for takeoff!

Braden McDaniel braden at endoframe.com
Sat Apr 19 15:40:02 UTC 2008

> After some minor delays (like all rawhide flights grounded for a few
> days of repair...), the Fedora Project is proud to announce the release
> of Fedora 9 Preview!
>
> This is a Preview release, it is fairly close to what the final product
> will be like.  This is the most critical release for the Fedora
> community to use and test and report bugs on.  This is the last major
> public release before the final GOLD Fedora 9 release on May 13th (we
> hope).
>
> For this Preview release, we will be doing a staged offering.  The first
> stage, available now, will be via bittorrent.  The second stage, which
> should be available early next week, will be via our world wide
> mirroring system, and will include jigdo.
>
> Live images, KDE Live images, CDs and DVD options are available.
> http://torrent.fedoraproject.org has a section marked "F9-Preview".

Can anyone report success with the x86_64 installation DVD?

I got the image via bittorrent and it appears to check out:

        $ sha1sum -c SHA1SUM
        Fedora-9-Preview-x86_64-DVD.iso: OK

Yet I seem to have made two coasters with this so far.

When I attempted to burn the image using Brasero, it told me the DVD-R
wasn't big enough. K3b writes the image, but upon verification says it
can't find any tracks. And I'm not able to mount the disc.

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <braden at endoframe.com>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <braden at jabber.org>