Fedora 9 Xfce Spin - Progress Report, Update

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 19:58:07 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 20:43 +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 19.04.2008, 10:05 +0530 schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Look and feel
> > ------------
> >
> > The default panel has a mixer and trash applet in it now. I wanted to
> > change the panel layout a bit, remove the desktop icons or add a
> > transparent border (which are relatively simple settings) but that
> > hasn't been done yet.
> >
> > We are using the Nodoka colors currently but since Xfce cannot use
> > Metacity themes directly, we are sticking with the upstream default till
> > Nodoka gets ported or we pick a better one if needed. If anyone is
> > interested in porting Nodoka, take a look at
> >
> > http://www.xfce.org/xfwm4-theme-howto/
>
> I have ported Nodoka to xfwm4 this afternoon. It's an exact copy of
> nodoka-metacity-theme-0.3.90-1.fc9, but it's not yet themable, this
> means it doesn't pick up the colors set by the gtk theme like other xfce
> themes do. Making it themable is harder than i thought.
>
> Screenshot:
> http://cwickert.fedorapeople.org/screenshots/xfwm4-nodoka.png
>
> Tarball:
> http://cwickert.fedorapeople.org/xfce4/Nodoka-xfwm4.tar.gz
>
> Help and feedback is welcome,
>
> Christoph

Hi Christoph,

that's great! Do you want to maintain the code in git? If so I'll
approve you to gitnodoka group so you'll get write access to git. To
keep some consistency I'd suggest to use nodoka-xfwm4-theme (following
nodoka-metacity-theme, *-icon-theme pattern) or xfwm4-theme-nodoka
(following gtk-engine-* pattern) as its official name.

Let me know what you think,
Martin