Fedora 9 Xfce Spin - Progress Report, Update

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 19 20:39:24 UTC 2008

Am Samstag, den 19.04.2008, 21:58 +0200 schrieb Martin Sourada:
> On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 20:43 +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> >
> > I have ported Nodoka to xfwm4 this afternoon. It's an exact copy of
> > nodoka-metacity-theme-0.3.90-1.fc9, but it's not yet themable, this
> > means it doesn't pick up the colors set by the gtk theme like other xfce
> > themes do. Making it themable is harder than i thought.
> >
> > Screenshot:
> > http://cwickert.fedorapeople.org/screenshots/xfwm4-nodoka.png
> >
> > Tarball:
> > http://cwickert.fedorapeople.org/xfce4/Nodoka-xfwm4.tar.gz
> >
> > Help and feedback is welcome,
> >
> > Christoph
> >
> Hi Christoph,
>
> that's great! Do you want to maintain the code in git? If so I'll
> approve you to gitnodoka group so you'll get write access to git.

Ok, no problem. There already is theme called "nodoka-xfce" at
http://xfce-look.org/content/show.php/Nodoka-xfce?content=69575 but IMHO
it doesn't really look like Nodoka, so I think it is especially
important for us to have official sources at hosted.fpo.

> keep some consistency I'd suggest to use nodoka-xfwm4-theme (following
> nodoka-metacity-theme, *-icon-theme pattern) or xfwm4-theme-nodoka
> (following gtk-engine-* pattern) as its official name.

+1

> Let me know what you think,
> Martin

ATM moment I'm working on getting this thing themable. I'm making
progress but I'm not sure how long it will take, so I first prepare a
package with the current version.

Christoph