packages without internet source in fedora

Stepan Kasal skasal at redhat.com
Mon Apr 21 15:08:38 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 10:28:26AM -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 10:13 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 16:07 +0200, Stepan Kasal wrote:
> > > Why should people have this level of trust to Red Hat, Inc., whose
> > > stated goal is to generate maximal profit for the shareholders?
> >
> > Please show me where in the CLA / FAS we ask you to assign copyright to
> > Red Hat.  Please.
>
> We do not ask contributors to assign copyright, but we ask them to give
> us a non-revocable license to do what we please with the code.
>
> The (C) is still fully in the hands of the author.

that's exactly what I had in mind.

The output is similar in both cases:
both the original author and "the Project" can do what they please
with the code.  Both have the right to relicense it under GPLv7 or
BSD, or as a closed-source project.

Which side retains the copyright is even less relevant than whether
the assignment is done on real paper.

Stepan