NetworkManager + 802.1x wired? [Re: very common kernel modules slow down the boot process]

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 15:38:41 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 14:47 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> Can you give wpa_supplicant a shot again to make sure it will work
> first?  Make sure you set "ap_scan=0" in the global section (ie, at the
> top and not in a 'network' block).
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

OK,

Seems I've managed to get it working with wpa_supplicant as well. The
script I use for wpa_supplicant handled connection looks like this:

#!/bin/bash
service NetworkManager stop
ifconfig eth0 up
sleep 8
wpa_supplicant -ieth0 -Dwired -c/home/martin/.private/KolejNET/wpa.conf
-B
dhclient eth0
killall -9 hald-addon-input

The sleep 8 is there because in past I was having problems with
xsupplicant trying to run before eth0 was already up, so I left it
there, just in case... The killall -9 hald-addon-input is there because
I noticed that during some of that steps (probably stopping nm) cpu load
goes to 100 % and stays there until I kill that daemon...

So, what is the way now to get it working with nm?

Thanks,
Martin