Fedora 9 Schedule: "Release Candidate 1 (Not really public)" ?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 10:49:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 11:45 +0200, Sebastian Vahl wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Can someone explain to me what this means? Or did I just missed a previous
> mail about this?
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/Schedule?action=diff&rev2=33&rev1=32

The actual RC ISOs are not public.  If we had to wait for each RC to
fully sync to the mirrors, it would take quite a bit of time to actually
get out the final release.  So the RCs are located on a machine in RH
where rel-eng and QA can get them.  All the bits used to compose the
ISOs are publicly available though.

This isn't new, it's just never been documented before.

josh