ARM cross compilers [WAS: Re: 200+ packages up for grabs]

On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 21:24 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:

> The avr chain is in good hands. The arm chain is currently for the gp2x
> handheld only, I would be much interested in discussing and getting advice on
> perhaps making a generic arm embedded chain. Or rather 2 one arm glibc and one
> arm ulibc, perhaps the arm glibc chain can be just Fedora arm?

Ok. We should talk ARM. I noticed all you seemed to have was GP2X (which
I debated buying but don't have currently). I generally work on ARM/PPC
and have a few ARM devices kicking around. Let's ask the wider audience
what they think about having a more generic toolchain.

> As for bochs you are very welcome to take over maintainership of that I never
> use it, just say the word and I'll release it in pkgdb.

I'll mull it over. I don't use it much myself tbh, but it's the kind of
thing I'm interested in in general so wouldn't mind. Will let you know.

Jon.