Re: Adding /sbin and /usr/sbin to everyone's path in F10

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 14:19 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 05:55:28PM +0200, Adam Tkac wrote:
> > I think we can simply create /sbin -> /bin and /usr/sbin -> /usr/bin
> > for backward compatibility. Typing /sbin every time when I want run
> > ifconfig or service <something> status is really annoying.
>
> +1
>
> I don't want httpd or nscd or hald in my path. Or halt, for that matter. But
> anything that *is* useful for non-root users should be moved or symlinked to
> bin.

Does that mean you're volunteering to maintain the magical, amorphous,
ever-shifting, ever-controversial List Of All Binaries That Are Useful
For Non-root Users? Oh boy!

Prepare to spend the next few months in arguments about what is and
isn't useful to non-root users.

-w