Patch metadata (Was: Plan for tomorrows (20080424) FESCO meeting)

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Apr 23 22:50:11 UTC 2008

>>>>> "CW" == Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org> writes:

CW> Hi, I'd like to propose:
CW> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/PatchUpstreamStatus

Actually I'd like to expand on this a bit.  Specifically, I was
thinking about defining some simple metadata that could be added to
patches in the distro and then made available for query, perhaps by
PackageDB.  Nothing complex, just some header-style comments at the
beginning of the patch file:

Comment:
Upstream-Status:
Upstream-Bug:
etc.

Comments in the specfile are a reasonable freeform method for tracking
this and may be completely sufficient, but having a defined format
lets us collect it and provide it in a structured fashion.

 - J<