Adding /sbin and /usr/sbin to everyone's path in F10

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Apr 24 18:13:32 UTC 2008

Le jeudi 24 avril 2008 à 11:16 -0400, max bianco a écrit :

> The defaults are wrong for you ,me, and just about everyone that
> subscribes to this list. Joe User doesn't need access to these
> commands.

Joe user will hit a problem, google for a solution, find an howto or
something like that with a step-by-step procedure (because the wondrous
GUI tools are changing so often and are so difficult to describe every
single howto or quickfix recipe uses the CLI), and wonder why the
command that was accessible on the recipe writer system isn't on Fedora.

What do you think his conclusion on Fedora will be?

PS
Because every other distro is not as braindead as us, and because we
sometimes put stuff in /usr/sbin other distributions do not, we have
been known to ship scripts in /usr/bin that assume some /usr/sbin
command is in the PATH. Do you think all of them has been found and
fixed? No advanced user in this list tests with the setting we inflict
on joe users.

--
Nicolas Mailhot