Network filesystems need to get unmounted earlier at shutdown

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Thu Apr 24 19:35:54 UTC 2008

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Mike Cronenworth (mike at cchtml.com) said:
>> Bah, ignore what I said. You should be able to just turn NM from "off" to
>> "on" on those runlevels and then when the init level changes, init won't
>> bother with NM. I don't wish to test this, but it sounds correct in
>> theory...
>>
>> chkconfig --level 06 NetworkManager on
>> chkconfig --level 06 NetworkManagerDispatcher on
>>
>> I don't have my F9 preview machine with me, but upstart uses compatibility
>> with SysV stuff IIRC so this should work for you.
>
> Also, just resetting the priorities of hal & NM should do it.
>
> Bill

yeah, can we do that please?  If NM doesn't get stopped before dbus it
segfaults and spews to the console, so maybe K84 for NM (although
network is currently at K90)?  Looks like it is at 73 currently which
after autofs (yay!) but not before netfs at 75.

Bigger problems with recent NM for F8 because chkconfig seems to insist
on putting it at S99 and K01 due to LSB init tags I assume.

I don't know what new capabilities upstart gives us, but looks like a
major review of startup/shutdown order is called for in F10.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com