New vegastrike for F-10: 500MB !! ??

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Apr 25 09:09:57 UTC 2008

Le Ven 25 avril 2008 10:47, Jakub Jelinek a écrit :

> For Live CD it is obviously out of the question, it wouldn't even fit
> there, but even in the Everything trees 500MB of data for a game is
> IMHO too much.

Can't the data set be broken out in several packages ?

> Remember many people mirror the whole Everything tree to do
> local installs etc.

That just means we need more granular repositories, with one
repository devoted to big lumps of optional resources like game data,
artwork (images/audio/video), artistic fonts, document templates,
cliparts, etc

IMHO it's good to have more FLOSS stuff packaged and we should not
limit our ecosystem - that would put Fedora to a huge competitive
disadvantage WRT entities with no such qualms.

--
Nicolas Mailhot