New vegastrike for F-10: 500MB !! ??

orion at cora.nwra.com orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri Apr 25 14:44:24 UTC 2008

>> On Fri, 2008-04-25 at 08:59 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> >
>> > However the 0.5.0 datafiles are 500 Mb b2zipped! So is this a problem?
>>
> For Live CD it is obviously out of the question, it wouldn't even fit
> there, but even in the Everything trees 500MB of data for a game is IMHO
> too
> much.  Remember many people mirror the whole Everything tree to do local
> installs etc.
>
> 	Jakub

Yeah, I ended up with a system that generated an exclude list for rsync
from a list of games that yum returned.  That proved cumbersome (and there
were lots of other big packages I didn't want), so I moved to
InstantMirror, despite its problems.  But this situation cries out for
proper InstantMirror implementation.

- Orion