FC9 and NetworkManager

First NetworkManager fails to come up at boot. One needs to restart the
service.

NetworkManager doesn't work with static ip. After fc9 desktop install
with a stacic ip I disabled network service and enabled Network manager.
I get system eth0 and auto ethernet in the nm-applet. system eth0
connects but can't get to the internet seems the nameservers are missing
and the broadcast is 0. With system-config-network under DNS the values
are always missing even when I enter them and save. /etc/resolv.conf is
empty.

Why does nm-applet have both system eth0 and auto ethernet?

-Louis