New vegastrike for F-10: 500MB !! ??

David Nielsen gnomeuser at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 08:24:29 UTC 2008

2008/4/27 Nigel Jones <dev at nigelj.com>:

> I have no problem with it, BUT, (and I speak personally here), there are
> some people that will not use it because it's just too big (500MB is
> larger than some of the monthly data transfer caps in New Zealand
> (200MB/mo), I personally, only have 700MB/day.
>
> Also remember that even though it may produce a 500MB noarch rpm, it also
> means quite likely a 500MB srpm making it 1 gig in total.
>
> Another consideration would be the size of the community behind
> vegastrike, if we have 100+ then thats great, if it's only 10 then I
> become doubtful over it's usefulness in regards to resources.  (Don't get
> me wrong, just trying to put a slightly different perspective on it.)

Don't forget that Vegastrikes community has a strong potential to grow
because we offer it and upstream will expect us to offer the lastest stable
version. 0.5.0 represents a lot of work in the right direction for them and
they are excited about their new features, let's not be buzzkills and carry
older versions, be friends with upstream and give them a gateway to millions
of Fedora users.If we treat them well they will be likely to recommend
Fedora to their users and everybody wins. I, for one, have never played
Vegastike but following this thread my attention has been drawn to it I
would like to see what 0.5.0 has to offer.

- David