New vegastrike for F-10: 500MB !! ??

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Sun Apr 27 09:10:15 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 10:24:29AM +0200, David Nielsen wrote:
> they are excited about their new features, let's not be buzzkills and carry
> older versions, be friends with upstream and give them a gateway to millions
> of Fedora users.If we treat them well they will be likely to recommend
> Fedora to their users and everybody wins. I, for one, have never played
> Vegastike but following this thread my attention has been drawn to it I
> would like to see what 0.5.0 has to offer.

Multiple packages would be nice however, especially for content. There are
several reasons for that

1.	So I can install the basic minimal set and play a quick "demo" game
	and get told where to pull the rest

2.	So bugs can be corrected in one piece at a time - 500MB redownloads
	for a packing error missing a small file kind of sucks

3.	yum will cache downloads so a break in downloading of a set of
	smaller packages is preferable to one giant one (even if requires
	still eventually sucks them all in)