Re: Headsup: new soname changing ImageMagick heading for F-10

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
"HdG" == Hans de Goede <j w r degoede hhs nl> writes:

HdG> "ImageMagick permits rendering text onto an image with X11
HdG> fonts."

That's rather... lame.  I mean, we don't really even want to support
core fonts any longer.  And you don't need to link against X to use
fontconfig and get proper font rendering.

I know, and so does upstream, they also said this feature isn't much used, and it can be disabled by telling ./configure not to look for X, but then X using ImageMagick applications like display also won't get buid, so I've requested upstream to split this into 2 separate configure options.

Regards,

Hans