F9 installation screenshot

Lubomir Kundrak lkundrak at redhat.com
Tue Apr 29 09:29:28 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 14:46 +0530, Amitakhya Phukan wrote:
> hi!
>
> i managed to take a screenshot while updating my F8 to F9 rawhide. i
> chose "upgrade existing installation". everything was smooth. but there
> was this progress bar movement that really surprised me. it said it had
> to update 915 packages. at 496 packages, isn't it more than 50% complete
> ? the progress bar however is at far less than 50%. is that expected
> behaviour ? why ??

I guess it takes sizes of packages into account.

> i am attaching a pic i took from my mobile :) . people pls pardon me for
> the tilted image i had to take. i couldn't get it properly done with my
> mobile. sos sorry for that.

This is not a good idea. Imagine how much much mail traffic do you
generate with that, given how many people are subscribed to the list.
Also, many people use text-only e-mail clients.

A better idea would be to make the image accessible via web possibly
using service such as http://imageshack.us/ and post just a link.

Thanks,