epiphany webkit in fedora

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 13:05:56 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 14:44 +0200, David Nielsen wrote:

> 2008/4/29 Izhar Firdaus <kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com>:
>         any reasons its not here yet?
>
>  Currently the webkit backend isn't all that stable but for the next
> GNOME cycle
>
>  webkit is going to be the only backend for epiphany. It is to be
> assumed that it will be in F10 then.
>
> Additionally as I recall currently you have to pick one or the other
> backend at compile time, the gecko backend is more mature. Debian
> seems to have a patch for this, maybe we could sneak it into F9 at
> some point.
>
> - David

Yup, I've read that WebKit is going to be the only one in Epiphany 2.24,
too. Is it already in gnome svn? If so, I would suggest to switch to
WebKit in rawhide (not F-9) as soon as possible to allow more testing
(both of WebKit, which seems to have quite a lot of bugs still, and
Epiphany). Anything I can help with? As epiphany is one of my most used
applications (with gnome-terminal and evolution), I might be interested
in co-maintaining it for Fedora, if needed.

Thanks,
Martin