is xorg.conf still needed

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Apr 30 06:29:55 UTC 2008

Le mardi 29 avril 2008 à 21:41 -0700, SL Baur a écrit :
> On 4/29/08, Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:

> >  > I'm having discussions with someone about this at the moment and would
> >  > appreciate some clarification on where things are head so that this can
> >  > be addressed at their end.[1]
>
> With all the stupid-key rich Microsoft oriented keyboards in use now, it would
> be really nice to have one of the Alt keys produce Alt (the other
> Meta)

An awful lot of countries already distinguish between the two alts and
use the right one as iso-level-3 modifier. Some even use right-ctrl as
iso-level-5 modifier. So these keys are not available for remapping
except for American users. If you want them remapped on en_US, just send
a patch to the xkeyboard-config authors.

--
Nicolas Mailhot