F9 installation screenshot

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Wed Apr 30 08:36:58 UTC 2008

On 2008-04-30, 07:52 GMT, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> I, for one was glad when those (and previous redneck jokes)
> were kicked out of the installer. The text and imagery used
> were just too US-centric to be comfortable, and got old fast.
>
> Thus I'll caution that creating this kind of image train is awfully
> hard to do properly for an international audience, and anything good
> enough for US folks but not for the rest of the world will be doing
> the non-US Fedora contributors a terrible injustice.

As a non-American I think I can say that this fear of being too
much labelled as an American distribution is totally silly. Red
Hat is "Prominent North American Enterprise Linux Vendor" and we
cannot avoid it. And Fedora is linked inseparably to Red Hat. Of
course, we have keep for the real independency of Fedora project
from Red Hat, etc., but to pretend too strongly against the image
of this link is IMHO pretty silly.

Best,

Matěj