F9 installation screenshot

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Apr 30 21:47:36 UTC 2008

Once upon a time, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> said:
> Since you seem not to have gotten the reference, one of the ancient Red
> Hat releases bragged about Redneck support in its image/text install
> train. I can tell you this had a terrible effect on people that were
> installing for another locale and found out half the needed pieces for
> this locale were missing (but that's ok, Redneck is in, who actually
> needs more than English+Redneck).

If someone was unhappy with Redneck, then they should have stuck to
English.  IIRC Redneck was the test-bed to add support for other
languages, because the people writing the support didn't speak other
languages.  I guess those developers could have just worked on something
else instead of language support.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>