Default paper size in the following countries...

So, I want to tidy up OOo's upstream "default paper selection by locale"
stuff, so if your country really does *typically* use Letter size paper
instead of A4 please let me know.

Definite Letter-format using nations:
US (CLDR)
Canada (CLDR)

Places that at least someone thinks should default to letter, but I'm
dubious about:
Mexico (OOo, Microsoft, Wikipedia)
Venezuela (OOo, Microsoft)
Chile (Microsoft, Wikipedia)
Colombia (Wikipedia)
Philippines (Wikipedia)
Argentina (Microsoft)
Brazil (Microsoft)
Puerto Rico (gtk)
"Latin American countries" (Microsoft), is sufficiently vague to suggest
that every American Spanish and Portuguese speaking nation gets a letter
default in Windows ?

Puerto Rico is plausible to me as a complicated-status-US-territory, but
is Letter really more commonly used than A4 in any of the above, or any
others for that matter ?

CLDR:
http://www.unicode.org/cldr/data/charts/supplemental/territory_language_information.html
Microsoft: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc195164.aspx