No response for bug reports

Hello,

over a month ago I discovered a problem with HAL and large USB drives
and filed a bug. In the meantime, I neither got any response nor was
asked for further information or something similar. Just silence.

It's not that I would not understand that there are other problems
that are more important or more serious, but how can I know if I'm
read by the assignee? Should I be more patient? Is there a leak?

Cheers
Guido