Re: RFC: best way to fix the regular yum dependency problems with add-on packages from 3rd party repositories

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 18:10 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> That why I didn't suggest to use the build date and mentioned to use "48
> or 72 hours after the problems was hit for the first time". That of
> cause would need to be managed on the client (e.g. for each broken dep
> write down somewhere when the problem showed up; if the same problem
> shows up with the same packages 72 hours later then boil out to make
> sure the user gets aware of the issue).

And what about when said build has spent a number of days in -testing,
and finally goes out to -final, then the build date is quite old, but
would be 'hit for the first time' by a larger number of people.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!