Wrong assignment on review request

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 12:58:36 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 02:18 -0700, Brennan Ashton wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 02:16 -0700, Brennan Ashton wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 18:01 +0900, Mamoru Tasaka wrote:
> > > Hello:
> > >
> > > Now I am seeing that Brennan is assigning review requests (especially Merge
> > > reviews) to someone wrongly. Please stop doing this. Especially Merge
> > > Reviews *must not* be assigned to the owner.
> > >
> > > Please undo all. Please.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Mamoru
> > Yes,Yes,
> > I have already been informed by 4 people of this it was a
> > miss-understanding that I am currently dealing with. I am trying to help
> > with the overflow of NEW bugs, but all I have gotten is people yelling
> > at me for it. So please give me more then 10 min to fix this.  If people
> > want to help clarify what needs to be done in Bug Triage I ask that you
> > come to our meeting at fedora-meeting at 1400 UTC today (Tuesday)
> >
> > Once again sorry, I am only trying to help.
> > Brennan Ashton
> >

> All changes to review bugs have been reverted.
> Once again sorry for the inconvenience, here after Merge Review and
> Review Requests will be left alone.
> Brennan Ashton

Your enthusiasm is noted and commendable though!

Let's all keep in mind that not enough people are helping with bug
triage as it is.  If someone inadvertently Gets It Wrong while trying to
help, that person should be gently helped, and not treated harshly.  We
can appreciate effort even as we are correcting misunderstandings of the
process.

It would be even more helpful if people taking time to correct a
person's mistake would put the advice on the wiki and then point to it,
so others can learn too.

(I suppose you could say the same thing about this email but recursion
is a terrible thing.)

--
Paul W. Frields