Plan for tomorrows (20080806) FESCO meeting

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 12:38:47 UTC 2008

> Josh Boyer wrote:
>
> > At the last meeting FESCo decided they didn't feel it was necessary to
> > review the SIGs as Features unless the Spin SIG/owner and rel-eng
> > couldn't agree.
> >
> > Just sent it to rel-eng.
>
> This ping-pong doesn't help. FESCo should really decide if spins are
> features are not. Take input from rel-eng if necessary but please make a
> decision either way.

They did make a decision.  They decided that they aren't Features in the
sense that FESCo doesn't need to review them unless there is a problem
that needs to be escalated.  Just like every other group/scenario we
have.

Rel-Eng has the approval authority for Spins.  They want them treated as
Features (as does the Spins SIG last I knew), so the only thing that is
different is the approving body.  There is no ping-ponging.  Rel-eng
just wanted to make sure FESCo didn't want to be the approving body.

josh