TeXLive 2008 in F10?

Vasile Gaburici vgaburici at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 05:19:00 UTC 2008

Initially I thought we could do without their installer, because I
found only 4 types of "execute", i.e. post install script actions in
the master texlive.tlpdb on CTAN. Then I had a look at their new
packager's sources:
http://www.tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/tlpkg/TeXLive/. Besides
the 4 generic "execute" types, there are plenty of hardcoded
package-specific things in TLPostActions.pm.

So, I don't see an easy way of dealing with this. Duplicating all that
stuff in rpm post scriptlets would be highly unmaintanable. The only
sane way would be to install their packager library first, and to
execute post actions from there as needed, which needs at least a
wrapper script since that code is Perl. It's more than I have time for
this weekend...